Monday, November 5, 2012

Getting back on the wagon

Well  Well  Well,  if it hasn't been far too long since one of us has posted!

There is a certain amount of loss and confusion that comes along with the completion of a marathon.  Don't get me wrong,  the amount of elation you feel when you cross the finish line and the week's worth of stories you get to dole out following the race feel like they could go on forever but there is a distinct moment when it's all really over where you ponder to yourself..........What the heck do I do now? 
I mean really, I just ran a distance that most will never contemplate.  All the body parts are still intact - sore but intact - and I have in fact survived..  What could I possibly do next?  Then the reality hits you, there has been nothing planned, you have no race to train for and no next goal.  You are in effect, lost.   When you are used to running 4-5 times a week reaching for a goal when you are no longer required to log those kinds of miles any more you really can get sort of slothy and can acutally come up with quite a few reasons not to go for a run ( this was never an option before) such as " But if  I go for a run, then I can't have a glass of wine now.........." or "I'll go later, I just need to do some laundry"
In all honesty, after this marathon, it took a pre-Halloween candy gorge-fest, running only twice a week and putting on five pounds before I looked at my other Anglophone and declared " we need a race!"

So here is the next Deux Crazy Anglophones Challenge:

We are going to run a race in every province and territory until all of Canada is done!.   Now, at this point we've clearly covered Ontario and Quebec and we figured the only way to do things fairly is to put all of the names into a bowl and go wherever the random draw takes us.

Drumroll please!

We are off to PEI!   We have a few races that we are looking at but if anyone can point us in the direction of a race that they've done before we'd love to hear about it!  Post a comment on the blog and we'll add it to the list.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment