Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Training Tip Tuesday - mini workouts for training more than just your legs

Stop the T-Rex!

As a runner I tend to neglect the rest of my body when it comes to training so I often joke that I'm like a T-Rex......great legs but useless upper body and arms.  As a result, I'm often on the lookout for short workouts that I can squeeze in before my morning shower or after a run that will get me on the path to having more upper body strength than a 4yr old girl. 

Recently I came across a week's worth of workouts posted by a dancer called Back on Pointe   and thought why not? , her blog talked about getting back into it and starting over so I thought this would be a good way to ease into core and upper body.   Did you know that when you haven't done jumping jacks and push ups in a while, they tend to hurt the next day?   I mean seriously!  Next day my inner thighs felt like someone kicked me in my lady parts and my pectoral region was less than co-operative when I tried to wash my hair.   Ahhh such is the life of the 40 year old :)

I posted the link to her list of the weeks workouts so my training challenge to you is to give the week's workouts a try and drop us a comment on this post to let us know how you did.

Till next week,

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment